Notice for users using the Oldham Lifelong Learning Service Moodle.
NOTICE BOARDS AND DISCUSSION GROUP STANDARDS
Your privilege to use and contribute to discussions depends on your compliance with the Discussion Group and Notice Board Rules (?the Rules?).
Oldham Lifelong Learning Service may take appropriate measures to enforce the Rules if violations are brought to its attention. Oldham Lifelong Learning Service reserves the right to delete any posting at any time for any reason.If you fail to abide by the Rules you will be formally warned by e-mail. If after any warning you continue to breach the Rules you will be prohibited from using the discussion groups and notice boards. However Oldham Lifelong Learning Service reserves the right to terminate your access to the discussion groups and notice boards at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.You agree to use the discussion groups and notice boards only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular forum.Oldham Lifelong Learning Service has no obligation to monitor the discussion groups and notice boards but reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation or legal process or refuse to post any information or materials, in whole or in part.
The materials are not edited for content, style or errors. You are responsible and liable for all activities conducted through your use of the discussion groups and notice boards.
DISCUSSION GROUPS AND NOTICE BOARD RULES
By using the Oldham Lifelong Learning Service discussion groups and notice boards you agree not to engage in any of the following acts:-
1. Defame, abuse, harass, threaten or in any other way violate the legal rights of others.
2. Post vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit or racially abusive material or adopt an inappropriate user name.
3. Post any illegal material of any nature including text, graphics, video, audio or programs.
4. Post any material including text, graphics, video, audio or programs with the intention of committing an illegal act.
5. Post any materials including text, graphics, video, audio or programs to which you do not own the copyright or other necessary consents to distribute electronically or distribute such material which is protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy.
6. Post any material including text, graphics, video, audio or programs which may plagiarise or infringe on the rights of third parties.
7. Download any file posted by another user that you know, or reasonably ought to know, cannot be legally distributed in such a manner.
8. Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any form of solicitation or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose.
9. Impersonate any person, body corporate or other form of organisation or institution.
10. Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another?s computer.
11. Falsify or delete any authors contributions, legal or other notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or any other material contained in a file that is uploaded to the discussion groups and notice boards.
You acknowledge that all discussion groups and notice boards are public communications and may be read by others without your knowledge.
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data or engaging in any other form of communication through the discussion groups and notice boards you are granting Oldham Lifelong Learning Service permission to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, reproduce, publish or sell any such communication.
Queries about the above should be referred to the Moodle Manager.
If you would like to know more about copyright infringement & the internet, please click here.